The light inside

Friday, December 19, 2008

At a loss...

I am SO frustrated.

I don't know what his deal is but Caleb is having serious trouble sleeping. It is so frustrating. We have tried everything we know to assist, loving, punishing, ignoring. Nothing seems to make an impact. He's been waking up around 3 in the am, and been up for 1-2 hours! Today he won't nap. He's just upstairs yelling my name. It's been an hour...

I feel like a bad parent, but I am just out of ideas... (Not that I am really looking for ideas, just a place to vent and some sympathy.)

5 Comments:

  • here is some sympathy, no ideas attached. :{ i'm sure it has nothing to do with the job you are doing as a mother. hang in there. eventually he'll go to college, and then it will seem normal that he doesn't sleep.

    By Blogger kentbrantly, at 3:13 PM  

  • I feel for you, and myself too :) Zach does that too! Stay up till midnight, be awake from 3-5 am, not nap in the afternoon... If you find a solution, please do share :)

    By Blogger krazy karen, at 4:35 PM  

  • You are NOT a bad mom!
    The only suggestion (which I am sure you already do) is start the bedtime routine earlier & keep with it - no drinks after 7pm, warm bath, music, reading, hugs & kisses...whether you should ignore him or give in & rock him to sleep depends on how well rocking works & how quickly he can be weaned from it...Aren't they wonderful!

    By Blogger maplesjess, at 12:51 AM  

  • Here's lots of sympathy coming at you. Elisa went through a "who needs sleep?" phase right around her 2nd birthday. It was miserable. It lasted about a month, but then she went back to her normal sleep-loving self. I don't think anything we did helped her snap out of it, but when it was over I was glad that we didn't let her get used to any new sleep crutches during the "crisis". Good luck!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 1:18 PM  

  • oh, allie! yuckymundo. hang in there. much love to you!
    jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home