The light inside

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It is FINISHED!!!

WE did it!!!!! I am so excited, I know this post will not convey my enthusiasm but know I am SO happy. Our downstairs bathroom is totally finished. It took us two months, but this is the first completely renovated room in our new home!! I cannot count the number of hours I have spent working on this bathroom. It has been a test of my patience, and a trial of my ability to persevere. But I think that God took this bathroom remodel at the very beginning of Justin's residency to remind me how much I need him, and how much he is going to have to pull me through the next 3 years. I know I will not and cannot complete this journey on my own. Thank you Lord for the reminder, and I know I need you here.



Here are some before pictures:
The tile was painted with white wall paint. AWESOME!! The tile floor was a nice peach to match.

Together Justin and I chipped out tile, replaced tile, took out the vanity and medicine cabinet, replaced the towel bar, and medicine cabinet. We installed a new light fixture, and pedestal sink, and painted as well. We had a plumber replace the shower fixtures, and had the tile walls and floor professionally refinished.


Now our finished product:


Justin's triumphant smile! Victory is mine!!! YES!!!



3 Comments:

  • Allison! The bathroom looks great! I'm so proud of you. Love,
    Jill Moudy

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:14 AM  

  • Yeehaw! You did it! I'm impressed.

    See you this weekend:)

    By Blogger maplesjess, at 2:07 PM  

  • The bathroom looks awesome!! So glad you finished it - although I must admit I had no idea you were working on it until it was done. sorry. I've been horrible about checking blogs lately. I can't believe you guys have been up there so long already! Hope you are doing alright and school is going well for Justin. I think of you often! Love you!! (thanks for the pics of the san antonio house, too!)

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home