The light inside

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The unexpected next step..

Proverbs 16:9 says "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  I confess this is a step I did not foresee.  After less than a year here in Tennessee Justin has turned in his letter of resignation, and found a new job.  It has been a long and difficult process and making the decision to leave was a difficult one.  There are lots of reasons that we believe this decision the right one but most of all I feel like God is leading us to our new place.  I prayed often that if we weren't supposed to go that this new job opportunity would not work out. There were days I did not think the offer would come through but it did.
So as of right now we will leave this beautiful place in three months and make our new home in Texas.  I quoted the verse earlier and it makes me smile because just over 9 years ago when Justin and I were deciding what we should do with the year we would have off between college and med school we made a deal.  We would go to Colorado for a year and then he would bring me back to Texas. If you know our story then you know that in the last nine years we have spent 9 months in Texas and it was never a permanent place. :)  When we moved here to Tennessee last year I had given up on ever moving back to Texas.  I had just decided that it was not where God needed us.
There is still a lot of things to be done and details to be worked out. And I am tempted to be stressed out and overwhelmed by all that is and can come from this transition time.  But it is my prayer that God will make the darkness bright before us and smooth out the road ahead of us, as he promised the Israelites in Isaiah.  It is also my prayer that God is glorified through this transition and that I will be able to report back all of the amazing things He has done for us that only He could do.  So instead of being overwhelmed and stressed I will step out in faith, and will wait to declare the goodness of God. 
Here goes our next adventure....

4 Comments:

  • Allison, truly, I am excited for you to move back home. That is such a great blessing! I am amazed at how much faith you have, you inspire me. I wish I could be there to hug you - and help you pack a box or two;) You are one amazing woman!!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 8:42 PM  

  • Beautifully written, Allie. It's interesting that this happened only after you had resigned yourself to the fact that you would never live in Texas. It's like God was saying, "Okay, NOW you're listening. NOW you can let me take you back." or something like that. I love you, friend. I learn so much about God by watching you.

    By Blogger laura jo, at 10:44 PM  

  • I'm so excited for you! It will be so nice for you to be an easier drive from both of your parents/siblings. You have the gift of faith and I pray (alongside you) that God will answer your prayers for peace and smooth transitions and confidence that he is who he says he is as all of this unfolds. Love you friend.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 5:45 PM  

  • oops -- i'm signed on as my sister. That (and this) is from Lynsey. :) :)

    By Blogger Robyn, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home