The light inside

Monday, February 07, 2011

Overwhelmed...

Noticed I've been blogging more lately?


Have I fallen upon loads of spare time? No
Am I bored? No
Have I hired a nanny?- No

Truth be told: I'm overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed? That doesn't seem outrageous, but not seeing the correlation between blogging... here it is.

I have SO much that I need to and should be doing. There is so much to be done that at times I feel paralyzed by the weight of it all. So what do I do in my paralysis? I blog...
Probably not the wisest of ways to spend my time, but I'm finding it therapeutic, so for me it is working.

The next 5 months hold the following things for our lives: finishing up all updates and repairs on this house, putting our house up for sale, keeping our house clean while it is on the market (perhaps my most intimidating task), selling our house (Lord willing), helping my kids finish the school year, helping my husband finish his residency, finding a place to live in TN, preparing my kids to move from the only place that my boys have really ever known and the first place my daughter has been old enough to truly have placed roots, preparing myself to leave the place that I have come to know as home and move away from some of the best friends of my life, and preparing all of us to once again start over with a new life new experiences and new friends.
All of this while keeping my daily life and daily tasks going as normal.

So yes, I'm overwhelmed. So if you see me here more often, just know that it's my therapy. And I'd love and welcome your prayers. :)

I'll try to keep you posted on our progress...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Praying for you dear!

    By Blogger krazy karen, at 2:07 PM  

  • Allison, I just caught up on your blog. It is so good hearing a little bit of what has been going on in your life over the past year. I kind of know what you mean about looking at the rollercoaster ahead. Know that you're in my prayers, and if I can do anything else, let me know! If you can, move in with friends when your house is on the market. You can put some of your stuff in storage and just leave your house "staged". Then you won't have to worry about keeping your house clean. That apparently worked well for the people whose house we bought - it was only on the market for 4 days. :)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home