The light inside

Friday, January 09, 2009

4 inches...

Wednesday night I did it.


Elizabeth has been wanting a haircut for months now. She has really wanted to cut a lot off of her hair, but I wasn't really willing to take the plunge. In the last few weeks her Daddy has joined in her cause (mostly so that he will have less work during bath time), and with the two pronged attack I didn't last long.

So Wednesday night I turned on Peter Pan and sat the kids in the bathroom. Then took 4 inches off of my 5 year old's hair! She absolutely loves, and has been SO excited. Her first comment when it was all finished was, "I look like Dora!"

I think I had such a hard time because she didn't have much hair for SO long! If I had cut 4 inches off before she was 4 she would have looked like a boy.

Here is proof a photo of her in 2006, just after her 3rd birthday.



This was taken in June when she was my friend Laura's flower girl. (By the way this is one of my all time favorite photos.) Her hair had grown even more in the last 6 months.



And here is our final result. (Please forgive the picture I made her get up from her "nap" so I could take it.)

3 Comments:

  • It took Barbie's hair forever to grow,too. Her first haircut was when my Dad was away on a business trip. My Mom had the worst day possible. First, the horses got out and were on the runway at the small airport in Sherman. Then, Bryan and Brandon broke the neighbors window with a baseball (to make matters worse, their kids were allergic to everything and never went outside), then I stepped in the cake that was for Cub Scouts that night. While Mom was cleaning that up, Brandon chopped off part of Barbie's hair. My Mom was telling Dad all about it, crying on the phone. With each thing, my Dad kept saying, "It's OK." When she told him about Barbie's hair, he nearly started crying himself and for the same reason, that it took forever to get that long!

    Love that picture of her from the wedding.

    By Blogger Tomilyn, at 3:56 PM  

  • oh, it's so cute, allie! thanks for posting pics. i know you're morning the loss of the hair, but it'll grow back. she looks adorable.

    By Blogger laura jo, at 4:41 PM  

  • You're brave. I've already decided I am taking Aubrey to the salon to get her hair cut every time. John can cut the boys' hair & his own...but I am leaving the girls' up to the pros.

    Lizzard's hair looks cute, though. Nice job.

    By Blogger maplesjess, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home