The light inside

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Big Week

What a great week it has been!

On Monday Justin was lucky enough to not have to be in most of the day, so he grabbed donuts on his way home from work for breakfast. Donuts are such a rare and loved treat in our house that our kids performed a quite the dance of joy when the donuts were produced. Then we spent the day just hanging out as a family. A wonderful treat.

Tuesday was my dear sweet Big Little Boy's first day of school. I can't say that I felt nervous. But Monday night was the worst night of sleep I had of the week, so maybe I was. Caleb's been going through an aggressive stage where when he feels ignored he acts out by hitting, kicking or biting the person who is ignoring him. So, before his first day I warned him that he couldn't go to preschool if he acted that way. On Tuesday morning Elizabeth and I took Caleb to his school and when we walked in to class he hung up his backpack and immediately walked off to play. I had to ask him to come back and give me a hug. He did happily, but then went right back to playing. It was great. He was SO ready to go to school. He did great, and when I picked him up he told me "I didn't bite!" At least I know some of what I say is getting through...

Today was Elizabeth's first day of Kindergarten. It is still hard to believe even as I type this. When did she get so big. It's not that I feel like I brought her home from the hospital yesterday, but it just doesn't seem real that she is old enough to enter this stage in her life. I cried quite a bit last night as I talked over all of my fears and feelings with Justin. But I have to say that I am quite proud of myself I didn't cry one bit at school today! It was hard to be sad with that little hand in mine. She woke up early this morning ready to go, and when we parked at the school she skipped the entire way into the building. She was SO excited and ready that she actually asked me not to walk her to her classroom. Um, yeah... I didn't agree to that.
She rode the bus home, and although they had her labeled to get off on the next stop the bus driver helped me get her off and all was well. When asked to describe her day she said. "It was AWESOME!" Her best comment of the day came when she was talking to her grandma: "Mrs. McPherson (her teacher) is really nice, and REALLY serious!" Apparently Mrs. McPherson isn't afraid to lay down the law on day 1. I like her already. :)

Thanks be to you Lord for your faithfulness! Thank you for providing for my children, and watching over them. Please continue to hold their precious lives and hearts in your hands. Help me to remember that you love them even more than I do, and that you provide for them in ways I could never dream of. I love you Lord. They are your children.

I'm going to post pictures to my photo blog tomorrow. Let me know if you want to be invited, and I've left you out.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home