The light inside

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Overwhelmed...

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed the last week or two. I seem to be just putting too much on my plate. I don't actually see that pressure diminishing anytime soon though...
Maybe finally having the fence up for the dog, and having my in-laws come in a few weeks will help. Frankly, maybe Justin having his first full weekend off (Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday without going in at all!) in about 7 weeks this weekend will be exactly what we all need. Of course, I'm actually feeling pretty good because all of the dishes are washed at the moment. Flip side: My momentum for making dinner, and thus dirtying new dishes has greatly decreased... (Perhaps why I have stopped to blog.)
Kiddo Updates: Elizabeth lost another tooth on Sunday. It was such a joyous moment. Her screams/shouts/screeches of joy didn't subside for a full 5 minutes! The best part was she wiggled it out herself, and her pride over doing it herself, and her joy were almost equally matched.
Caleb has a new obsession. He picked out green flip flops at the store. He calls them his Chick Hicks shoes. (A 'Cars' reference.) He wants to wear them everyday. He carries them around, and has to show them off to people. It is quite humorous. But also unfortunate considering we are having a typical spring here in Pittsburgh. Average high temps are high 60s. Not exactly flip flop weather... :( (A whole seperate topic on which I could post a rant, but shall refrain. Let's just say this Texas girl is not impressed with how slow it is to warm up around here!)
Also, we have a plug and play game, that Caleb loves to play. Today he plugged into the TV correctly, and I don't think it was a fluke. Wow... that is scary. How soon will it be before he can do all sorts of things with our electronics, that I never even dreamed of...
Finally, I have a new niece today! My brother Jeff and sister-in-law Amy (well mostly Amy) had a baby girl named Paige today. I can't wait to see her and my other new niece Aubrey that was born about 3 weeks ago. What fun it will be when we go visit in June!
Elizabeth is SO excited. Now the girls almost equal the boys. 5 grandsons, 4 granddaughters on my family's side. She's been so outnumbered... :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Praying for you. That God will give you the strength and endurance through all the long days, weeks and months. You are doing a great job. Knowing you here in SA and now hearing from you from this blog has been a real blessing to me.
    Zephaniah 3:17

    By Blogger krazy karen, at 9:39 AM  

  • Good to read your update. I can't believe how old your kiddos are! Sorry you are so exhausted and overwhelmed right now. I hope things start to slow down or at least get more fun. ;) Love you! Congrats on the new niece!

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 4:25 PM  

  • We napped right through the skype appt...Sorry! And sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I hope it gets better soon!
    Tell Elizabeth we're happy & proud. We will have to re-schedule the skype to see her new smile & the new flip flops...You know it's already broken 100 here. It's in the mid-80's all week. You'll enjoy your time in Texas next month.
    We can hardly wait!

    By Blogger maplesjess, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home