The light inside

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Truth...

I've been in a pensive mood. I might even describe it as somewhat of a funk.

This hasn't been the easiest of years, but I have seen God's blessings and I've seen Him working in our lives. Sometimes I have to wonder what He is doing, what He is trying to teach me, and WHY it had to be done this way.

The topic of truthfulness, or the lack thereof, has been rolling around in my heart. This topic has always interested me. I think part of that has to do with the fact that my name means "truthful" or "little truth." Since learning that I have tried to live up to that. *Let me be honest and say that I have failed miserably, many times.
I know that God is the Truth, and that He honors truthfulness. I've done some very brief searching of scripture, but haven't found a scripture that I was looking for yet. I would love something that I can cling to about the truthfulness of God, or the truthfulness he expects of us. I guess I am just looking for something to satiate a part of my heart that seems to have been burned.

Got any scriptures or good quotes on truth?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • How about this? Psalms 51:6: Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

    By Blogger Allison Abbott, at 10:01 AM  

  • "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." John 3:21

    By Blogger Allison Abbott, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home