The light inside

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My 15 minutes of fame...

It's said that everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame. Well, mine's more like 3 minutes, and I doubt you could really call it fame since you probably wouldn't even know it is me...

Last month I got the honor of calling in and talking to one of my favorite radio and talk show personalities, Dave Ramsey. I've been a Dave Ramsey fan for about 18 months now and just thought it was really cool that I got to chat with him. Now in posting this I am divulging a little more than I would generally like about my family's financial situation, but I'm sure it would not be a big shock to any of you who know what our lives have been like the last 5 years.

If you aren't a Dave Ramsey fan, or don't know who he is I encourage you to check him out. Although we haven't committed completely to his plan or advice the areas in which we are following his suggestions are now a much lighter load for me to carry.

Alright Blogger won't let me embed the video right now, so I'll just set up the link to Hulu. That is what I get for trying to be all fancy...

Here it is. Enjoy. And yes feel free to snicker at how much my voice quivers. I was REALLY nervous!

6 Comments:

  • I think you sounded great! I loved this I wish I could call in, he had really good advice. Our goal right now is to just build up a savings, like he said. Right now it isn't much, but my goal is after this first year to have an emergency fund savings for us, and smaller savings started for each of the kids.

    I WISH, oh I wish we could pay on those loans right now. I get guilt sometimes thinking I could work and pay on them, but then I look at those kiddos and know I'm in the right place right now.

    WAY to go - I am so glad you posted this, your 15 min (3 min) of fame were great!

    We miss you guys. I was just thinking about all your upcoming birthdays last night hope you are doing good especially that baby! Love ya!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 5:15 PM  

  • Hey Allison,
    Thanks for sharing your experience of fame :) You have no idea how helpful that is to Amber and me right now. We've gotten lots of advice from "financial professionals" and they mostly say the same thing DR said to you, but it's hard to find a good advisor who understand BOTH the financial world of medicine AND the financial world of a Christian. And as terrible as it is to be in your financial situation, I hope it is of some comfort to know that you aren't alone - it gives me some peace of mind anyway to know that others have gone through this and are going through it right now. Hang in there.
    It sure would be good to see you all. Tell Justin hi for me. <><

    By Blogger kentbrantly, at 5:59 PM  

  • ps - just listened to it again... wow! Dave Ramsey really has a lot of good things to say about Justin! That's my college roommate! :)

    By Blogger kentbrantly, at 6:06 PM  

  • Dave Ramsey would've been so proud of you bringing your lunch along when the rest of us were eating out. Go Allison!

    By Anonymous Carrie C, at 9:28 PM  

  • you rock! you sounded great and dave had some really good things to share. you CAN do this. i know it seems a bit impossible right now, but hang in there. call me if you get discouraged!! ;)

    By Blogger laura jo, at 11:27 PM  

  • ooooh! Allie! you were on a talk show! you can now mark that off your life list.... you sounded great and I'm so proud of you. love you, see you soon..
    jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home