The light inside

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 1 One Hour

Today is the beginning of Lent. I occasionally observe Lent, and decided this year I would limit myself to a maximum of one hour of computer time per day. That may sound like a lot, but I've already realized it's going to be a challenge for me. Perhaps it will help to make me more organized.
But I also wanted to do something besides just giving something up. So I've decided for the next 40 days I will celebrate one blessing God has granted me each day.

For Today:

Thank you God for the Internet. Thank you for giving me a way to stay connected with friends and family. Especially during a crazy winter storm like this one!

2 Comments:

  • Actually, I think Lent starts next Wednesday. You have one more week of limitless Internet! Although - sounds like you've already started, so maybe you can do 47 days this year. :) You'd hate to have to start again in just a week! I admire this practice greatly and wonder if perhaps I should make the same goal for myself. Good luck with it and hope you guys thaw out soon!!

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 11:36 PM  

  • NO!! NO!!! Do NOT limit your use of the internet, because that might limit your time in touch with your PARENTS!!!! And you are rudely inspiring your friends to follow in your footsteps, and THEIR parents REALLY don't like it!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home