The light inside

Monday, October 18, 2010

Almost 30...

I turn 30 at the end of this week. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Part of me feels like 30 is old, and I never imagined myself being 30. I still feel like I am in my early 20s.
Then I think about it again, and realize I need to be 30... I have 3 kids, the oldest being a first grader! She'll be 7 next weekend.
Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel...

On a side note...
Today was a serious day with Caleb. He had some serious things to talk about.
At lunch he looked at me and asked: "Why isn't God here?" I asked him what he meant, and he said "Why doesn't he come in our front door?" Oh my... It was a great and challenging chat. How do you explain and all present but invisible being to a 3 year old?
Then waiting at the bus stop he looked up and told me. "Boys love girls, and girls love boys. That's how it works." At least he's got that straight... :)
What a great age!

2 Comments:

  • I still sometimes think I should be in my 20s. You're making me feel old - you were not quiet 13 mos when I got married. Love you guys!! We'll be in Lubbock for your b'day. Hope that soon we get to see you more often. Helen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM  

  • At least you know there are outsouracing project available...

    ANYWAYS... 30 YEARS OLD!!! Woohoo!! Happy B-Day today!

    That Caleb is such a thinker! It sounds like he's been raised right.

    By Blogger The Nielsen Family, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home