The light inside

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sweet Baby Caleb

Today Caleb is 5 1/2 months old. It is hard to believe how fast time flies. He isn't my little newborn anymore. :( But he is so much fun! Since I've already posted about his big sister I thought I would tell you some of my favorite things about Caleb.

  1. Caleb is SO smiley. He loves to smile and chuckle.
  2. Caleb has a dimple. It is high up on his right cheek, and it is just absolutely adorable. Since he smiles so much I get to see it a lot.
  3. Caleb thinks Elizabeth is the funniest person on the planet. No one can make him smile as easily, laugh as loudly, or keep him laughing as long as she can.
  4. Caleb loves his Mommy and Daddy. He lights up for us with smiles and whole body flails.
  5. Caleb is a chunk! He has the chubbiest cheeks, at least two chins, and it looks like he has rubber bands on his wrists. He is also really tall. At his 4 month check he outweighed (by almost a pound) what Elizabeth weighed at 6 months, and was 1/2 an inch longer than she was at six months. (What that really means is we had to take him out of his carrier car seat at 4 months. BOO!)
  6. Caleb is easy going and quite content. He is pretty much happy doing whatever. Sometimes he is so relaxed that I can use the nose sucker on him, and he doesn't even flinch!
  7. Caleb is chatty. Many of you may know that Elizabeth is quite verbose. But if Caleb has anything to do about it he is going to talk as much as she does or more. He "talks" all the time! He talks to us, he talks to himself in bed, he talks to his toys. As soon as he learns a new sound he uses it all of the time. Needless to say he isn't going to let his sister talk for him.

I love this baby boy, and am so blessed that he is in my life.

Thank you God for this sweet baby boy. Thank you Lord for all of the circumstances that brought him to us.

He is so special. If I know you and you want to see pictures of my kids (and aren't on my shutterfly list). I am happy to send them to you. Just let me know.

3 Comments:

  • I'm getting there during Memorial Day weekend. When are you leaving? And where are you going? Did you notice the comment from the creepy old man on my blog?

    By Blogger Sue, at 9:12 PM  

  • He sounds adorable! I wish I were there to kiss his chubby little cheeks. ;) He sounds laid back like you. ha.

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 5:30 PM  

  • I'm sure he's already got Hank beat. Though he is starting to catch up with the pack.
    Hope we can see ya'll soon! Brian will be here in a week and a half, and we're hoping Tim and Cathy will come too, for Hank's 1st B-Day. We miss ya'll!! Hope all is well!
    Logan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home