The light inside

Friday, February 23, 2007

Funny Girl

Justin's been really busy with school, and I don't dare try to post on my dial-up, so my apologies about the tardiness of my post.

I got the best Valentine's day present I've ever gotten this year. Justin and I don't usually do much for valentines, because his birthday is the next day, and it's just not that big of a deal to me. This year he gave me a project he has been working on for over a year. It was Justin's compilation of all of the funny stories of Elizabeth's life. Funny things that have happened, or things she has said. It was GREAT! The best part about it all, is that I had already forgotten some of these stories. Here is one of my favorites that had slipped my memory:

August, 2005
Elizabeth, being a gifted child, was potty trained (no thanks to us, she did it all herself), and has been potty trained since June. But, even being potty trained, she still had a few understandable accidents. Even with her accidents, however, we started to think that she was starting to have accidents on purpose, because she would say, “Potty, potty, potty,” grab herself and then give a little chuckle. We would rush her up the stairs and sure enough, she would have gone just a little bit in her panties. So we started to very gently (so as to not give her a complex about pottying) try to encourage her to tell us sooner because, “Big girls don’t potty in their panties.” Several months later, she had stopped having accidents. But one day Elizabeth had a bit of a relapse. As Allie carried Elizabeth upstairs to clean her up, Elizabeth said, “Oh fweety, tell us!” Apparently, she had heard that a few times.



Man she cracks me up, and she still does. Yesterday all day she sang "I'm a little Tea Pot, short and stout. Here is my window here is my spout." I never knew teapots had windows, but then again I'm not 3. Also this morning we were sitting in our living room, and she looked up at me and asked "Mama, why do we have to be quiet in libraries?" How many three year olds are concerned with the rules and reasoning's of the library days after they have been there?? What a goofball!

2 Comments:

  • What a great hubby you have!! Happy Belated Birthday, Justin. Way to go on the gift. :)

    I love hearing stories about the funny things that kids say. I will always remember playing Cinderella with E in KC. She is a hoot! :)

    Love you, fweety!

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 11:13 PM  

  • Sweet stories about a sweet girl

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home