The light inside

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ready for Spring!

Let me start by saying that I have nothing to complain about. A lot of people here in Iowa lost power (and some still don't have it) on Saturday, but we were completely unscathed. I have a warm house, hot water, and lights!

But I have to be honest... I am ready for Spring!! We had 7 inches of snow here over the weekend. (Which caused us to miss Med School Prom, but I'll post about that later when I can upload the photos.) And before that we had about 3 weeks of high temps below freezing. Valentine's Day our high was 9. Tomorrow we are due to get another round of winter weather. We have a blizzard warning all day tomorrow. They are predicting at least 4 more inches of snow. Needless to say, this West Texas girl hasn't experienced a blizzard warning before. You would think this being my third winter here I would be more used to it, but somehow every year it surprises me one way or another. At least we're getting good use of our winter gear!

So, let me say thank you God that I am warm. And bring on spring!!!

2 Comments:

  • eeewwwww!!!!! Yuck ... I am SO SORRY you live where it is SO COLD! :(

    I'll be wishing for you some spring. :)

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 11:45 PM  

  • I am soo with you on this one. In AR they closed everything down when it snowed, then in UT they made you still go to work. Here you can never know if you are supposed to go out or not. I am just really ready to get out and breath fresh air!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home