The light inside

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Da..Da.. Da.. Donk! PVS kids!

Elizabeth is attending VBS (vacation bible school) this week at Grammi & Pawpa's church. I told her what it was on Sunday, and then got her ready for it on Monday morning. She then started singing the PBS kids jingle that I wrote in the title. It took me until she came home at lunch to understand why. She was telling Justin's mom all about it, when she said "I got to go to PVS kids this morning!!!" She hasn't been old enough for VBS in the past, and I guess the two acronyms being so close, she just assumed they were the same thing. Needless to say it's been a hilarious few days.
I was nervous she might have a hard time, since we just got here and she doesn't know anyone, but she has done great and always has something new to show me everyday. Monday she had memorized a verse, and yesterday she learned part of a song and some dance motions to go with it. She walked around all day singing "Everybody let's prai-ai-ai-ai-aise the Lord, Everybody let's prai-ai-ai-ai-aise the Lord!" It is terrific.
Well, we've been in Colorado for a week officially now, and I think we are kind of getting settled. I finally feel like I have most of the paperwork and moving stuff behind me. Caleb is still having trouble sleeping and getting back into his routine, but he's getting better and he's still happy about everything. Then again all of this may just be that I think he is on the verge of his first tooth. So, we'll see...
Justin is over halfway through his first externship, and it is going well. I think he has learned a lot not only about podiatry, but also about what this year and the next three may look like. We'll just have to see...

4 Comments:

  • Your Elizabeth is so cute, and this post makes me sad that I don't get to hear her sing this song! I'm interested to hear what Justin is learning so you'll have to (or have him) post sometime. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little settled. I bet Caleb will calm down too, he is such a good little boy! We miss you guys!!!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 2:38 PM  

  • It is good to hear your update. I've been thinking about you guys lately and have wondered how you all are doing. So glad Elizabeth is enjoying PVS ;) haha and I'm glad that Caleb is being such a sweet boy about getting back into his routine. Good luck with the teeth. Tell Justin we are thinking about him as he does his many externships and as he is away from you guys. Hope you are ALL having fun at his parent's house. :) Love you much.

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 4:24 PM  

  • So funny about Elizabeth and her songs. That little pbs jingle will now remain in my head the rest of the night...lovely :)

    By Blogger {Erica}, at 10:56 PM  

  • Glad you're getting settled. I know moving around is hard. Keep pluggin', sis! Love you.

    By Blogger Clay, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home