The light inside

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's a hard knock life...

I've been a slacker... I could blame the lack of blogging on the fact that the whole family got sick 2 weeks ago, or that we are trying to move, or that we are now shopping for a new car. But it hasn't been one of these factors, it's been all of these things combined... ;) Plus being in that state of mind where you're not sure what if anything you should write about.

We're selling our minivan. It's not exactly what I hoped/wanted to be doing at this time in our lives. But, the AC is on the fritz again. And we've had decided the last time we took it in was our last time to repair this AC. (For those of you that don't know, we had the AC basically completely replaced 3 separate times at Ford dealerships in 3 different states. It was not a fun vacation, and our latest dealership to fix it just went bankrupt!) So, I loose my big comfy van for a more affordable and less gas guzzling car. I'm sad. I like the van. I don't like filling it up though. Elizabeth will probably cry, again.

This moving business is proving to be very hard on my 3 year old. I got a book form the library that we read together about moving, and how it can make you feel. When we finished it yesterday she just started crying and said "I don't want to move!!" We are selling some of our furniture, so last week we sold our beds. I cannot describe for you the tears that occurred over this event. I was trying to explain that we would not be selling her new bed spread or room decor, and then I thought it would help if I let her know she could help us pick out her new bed after we got settled. I said, "we will get you a new bed, a brand spankin' new bed!" She turned and looked at me with a slight look of horror on her face and breaking out into tears she said "I don't want a spanking bed!!!" At least she keeps us laughing!

If anyone has any ideas on ways to make this easier let me know...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • i wouldn't want a spanking bed either! lol that is too funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • Sorry to hear about your car...car problems are the pits! the spanking story was hillarious! I have no advice for you...to this day I still remember when I had to move when I was four and it was not a fub memory. :)

    By Blogger {Erica}, at 1:50 PM  

  • My only advice for moving is...keep those spankin' beds away from your kids, they tend to hurt :) At least she gets to go live with her puppy soon - right? Maybe that will cheer her up a little.

    By Blogger Debbi, at 4:30 PM  

  • Nor would I want a spanking bed! ;) Poor thing ... having parents who want her to sleep in a bed that gives her spankings all the time...

    Can't wait to hear what kind of car you end up with! Sorry about the minivan. I think you are the only person I know (our age) who loves driving a minivan! :) hehe

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 8:29 PM  

  • i'm sure you are doing all of this - because i know what an awesome mom you are ... keep trying things. she'll eventually adjust. try to keep her routine as normal as possible & love on her lots. "the days are long but the years are short" - it seems so hard now, but in no time she'll have forgotten o r at least gotten over it.
    love yall. and the post made john & i laugh out loud. sweet baby girl!

    By Blogger maplesjess, at 12:03 AM  

  • hey, when are you guys leaving Iowa?

    By Blogger Sue, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home