The light inside

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My 4 Heroes

This post is dedicated to Allison, Debbi, Sarah and Susan.

These are four incredible women. Four women who taught me last week what it means to be a true friend. Four women who helped me in ways I did not even know I would need. Thank you to the four of you for realizing before I even did that I am not superwoman, and I needed help. Thanks for hours watching my kids, and giving me peace knowing I didn't have to worry. Thanks for hours of cleaning and late nights together. Thanks for wonderful encouraging words, and long embraces as we said good-bye. Thanks for fighting back the tears with me and telling me it was going to be okay. Thanks for everything. I cannot imagine my life without you, and every time I think about facing this year without you I can't believe it's going to happen. My life is better and blessed because you have been in it. It is my prayer that God will bless you the way you have blessed me.

I'm in TX now running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things done and feel a little settled. I don't know when that feeling will come.

I was reading last night and was very encouraged when I ran across this verse in Joshua... "Be strong and courageous, Do not be terrifies; don not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9b

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Stop making me cry! You are too nice and you don't know how many times you've saved me in the past 2 years - so I owe you! We've got Oprah - let's focus on that :)

    By Blogger Debbi, at 10:15 AM  

  • You are very missed! And I agree, Debbi is a gem! Good luck getting settled!

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 2:12 PM  

  • In Texas? I thought you were supposed to be in Colorado?!?!

    I'm SO GLAD that you had such good friends there to love and support you.

    Blessings as you begin this crazy year!!

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 4:05 PM  

  • I am certain that I speak for the four of us that the real hero is you. Our lives are richer for the time we had you here with us, but that makes it hurt even more now that you're gone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • Allie, I can tell that you are such a light wherever you are. I thank God for you.

    By Blogger laura jo, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home