The light inside

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Moving

We're moving...
It's good and bad. Happy and Sad... (feel free to sing along)

So we have a little over a month left here in Iowa. And I am totally torn.
For 5 years (from the day I left for college until when we moved into this apartment) I (we) moved every year. This is the longest I have lived in one place since I moved out on my own.

There are so many things that make this place special in my heart forever. It is the first time I have ever lived FAR away from any family. So, it made me really grow up and establish things for myself. It also changed me because of our circumstances. I have spent so much time alone, or just with Elizabeth over the last 3 years that I had to make my friends and neighbors more like family. I am going to miss people tremendously. This is the only house my 3 year old has ever really known, and to leave it and our friends makes me so sad for her.

Many of you know, that this is also a welcome move. Some of you may know that Iowa is probably not my favorite of the 50 states... :) But despite the terrible driving, road planning, snow storms, and cold it hasn't been that bad. I am happy to be moving closer to family. (Even if it is short lived.) I am happy to be moving away from winter wiper blades and bundling my kids up like eskimos. I am happy that this means Justin is one year closer to fulfilling his dreams, and we are all one more year closer to being done with school.

I'm delaying getting boxes, because then I can delay packing. As long as I delay packing I can almost delay the reality of facing this jumble of emotions. (I can at least brush them from the front of my mind.)
I'm sure many of you have moved before and know what I mean. I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the subject. And if you're around here, do you know where I can get boxes? I can't put it off forever...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • This makes me want to cry! I don't want you to leave, what will I do?! I know it's a happy thing, but I just want you to know that you really will be missed!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 9:14 PM  

  • I'll miss you but I'm jealous that you're moving onto the next stage of life! Goodluck! And be sure to keep up your blog when you do move so we can still "keep in touch".

    By Blogger {Erica}, at 9:30 AM  

  • I'm sad for you having to move, that is never an easy feat. (Even if you are 100% thrilled and 0% sad) I pray that this transistional year will be a blessing to all of you and that you so enjoy being near so much family!!!

    E is going to die in the Texas summer heat! Poor little eskimos!!

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 5:16 PM  

  • Hey Allison! I'm sorry that you guys are in constant transition. Trust me, I know the feeling all too well. We will be praying that you can settle in and be blessed by your time with your family. Just because you are moving away from new friends doesn't mean that they won't still be with you. We miss and love you!

    Boxes: check out grocery stores at night. They do all their stocking in the evening so you can pick and choose and can usually get a good selection of undamaged boxes. Good luck.

    By Blogger Sascha Terry, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home