The light inside

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Learing to read...

Elizabeth has started reading letters on signs, and asking what they spell. It is great and I love to see her little mind grow and her learn new skills... However, it has already caused a little problem....
Last week we are driving in the car and E is chatting from the back seat (as usual) when I hear E R S. What does that spell? I realized that I hadn't been listening told her I didn't know and asked her to spell it again. So she starts. H... O... O... (at this point Justin and I both look up and notice that in the parking lot with us is a Hooters restaurant.) T... E.... R... S.... I am all prepared to tell her that it spells Hooters, and that it is a place that has something to do with owls. But, before I get a chance Justin says: "Cafe', it spells Cafe'." Elizabeth answers, "Oh, what is cafe'?" We tell her it is a place to eat, and then she excitedly says: "Ohhh, can we eat at Cafe'?" Both of us immediately said "NO."
Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. I know it's not very long before she realizes that HOOTERS doesn't spell cafe' and we're in for a whole new conversation. At least she keeps us on our toes. :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • LOL that is **AWESOME** Good luck to you when that day comes! Also, congrats to the success of the surgery. I hope all is still well with the little one!

    By Blogger Anne-Marie, at 8:31 PM  

  • haha! Gage does the same thing, so far his favorites to spell are Costco, Walmart (he includes the star in the spelling) and Target. Hooters, man that is GREAT!HHA!

    By Blogger Debbi, at 3:29 PM  

  • ha!ha! She's gonna keep you on your toes for the rest of your life! :) Hope I get to see her on Sunday! :)

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 12:27 AM  

  • love it! that's hilarious!!

    By Blogger laura jo, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home