The light inside

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bittersweet

Weekends always seem to be bitter sweet for us now, and this one was no exception. Justin came home to see us late Friday night, but it seemed like before we knew it, it was Sunday evening and he had to drive back to Greenville. (This weekend was crazy enough for it's own blog later.)

I have to say this living apart and seeing each other only on weekends is much more difficult than I expected. Elizabeth cries, and cries. She usually does well during the week, but having Justin leave (or us leave for home) is just so hard on her. Caleb doesn't seem to understand everything yet, and honestly I'm extremely grateful for that. At least this way I only have one child to console.

We love you sweetie, and we miss you!!

Elizabeth needed to type, so here is her input to today's blog:
eztbr jkutwwwwwwwavbiilytezxcvbnmeys p

4 Comments:

  • Oh I just want to cry. Each time I talk to Karina or any other 4th year still here they say this is the hardest year. Then I hear from you and I just can't think about it.

    We are putting in our applications for externships today. We have it lined up so we will be apart one month, together, apart and then together the rest of the time. Wade was gone for 4 days this past week and I was besides myself. You are an inspriation. Poor Elizabeth, she is such a sweetie!

    When does he get to come back close to you again?

    By Blogger Debbi, at 10:42 AM  

  • Is it weird that in some ways I envy you? Don't get me wrong, I don't even want to think about what deployment will be like once Jarrod and I have kids. But I would give almost anything to be able to see him every once in awhile.
    I know you can get through this though. You're a strong woman and a wonderful mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

  • I miss you all too; more than you know. I can't stand it here!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 PM  

  • Hang in there, Al! I know it must be incredibly hard, but I believe that this time apart will make your family even stronger. You already appreciate each other even more than you did before all this started, don't you? I take it as a good sign that you miss each other so much. I'd be worried if this time were easier than you expected! :) Much love to you all. Pape

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home