The light inside

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Reality sets in...

I'm back in the saddle again. We had a wonderful month with Justin being around, and getting to play with us and help me out, but as I knew it would October came. Justin is off at another hospital. Luckily this month he is only a six hour drive away, which means we will see each other most weekends!!!
But this is my first week to know what it is really like to take care of 3 kids all day long. (I am keeping my nephew William during the day). Let me just say that I have already learned 3 things.
1. Three kids is a lot busier than 2.
2. Caleb will be walking before we even think about having another baby.
3. I never want children 9 months apart.

Elizabeth started ballet last week. She is absolutely precious! She has it every Monday, and when we called Justin last night she told him that she learned how to do a releve. I had to google it to know what it was! She is loving school, and getting excited about her birthday and Halloween coming up. It's hard to believe she will be 4 in a few weeks.

Caleb is motoring around like crazy. Cruising, crawling and pulling up anywhere he can. I don't think Elizabeth is too fond of his new found mobility, considering he now frequently comes and "messes up" what she is playing with. He is cutting his top two teeth, so the drool abounds.

My apologies if you thought this post was lame. Hey, at least I posted!

5 Comments:

  • I didn't think it was lame! I think it's precious! Thanks for sharing about your kiddos -- makes me feel like I'm keeping up with them a bit! We love you & we miss you!

    Hugs!

    Stace

    By Blogger Stacy, at 2:37 PM  

  • Thanks for the update, Allison.

    Can't wait to see the little dancer and the little drooler at Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Clay, at 9:36 PM  

  • Glad you all had some time as a family. Eager to see you guys and to finally meet the drooler. See you soon!!

    Helen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Your things you learned whilst watching 3 kids made me smile. I'm good with 2 for now!

    How fun for Elizabeth to be dancing. Ella loves to dance and she dances down the aisles at Hyvee or Wally world the whole time we're shopping.

    Caleb sounds like he's progressing along. I bet you he will walk way before he turns one...sounds like he will in a few weeks. Crazy that this past year has gone by so fast!

    Glad that Justin is close enough to see once a week and that you had a wonderful month with him there.

    oh and this was sooo not a lame post!

    By Blogger {Erica}, at 9:13 AM  

  • Never lame. It is good to know what is going on with you guys. I liked your list of 3. very funny. :)

    I can't believe E will be 4 and is learning to releve ... and that Caleb is about to walk. Life goes fast!

    Hope you are safe as you travel to see your sweet hubby. Love you.

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home