The light inside

Friday, September 21, 2007

Life long friends...

I'm a girl, so it's a given that I'm a social creature. But God knows me so well, and in every stage of my life He has provided amazing friends. The kind of friends you know you will have, and keep up with for all of your life.
I have girls from high school that I still get together with, ladies from Colorado that I'm currently playing fantasy football with, more wonderful women who share my heart in Iowa, and finally my 6 best friends from college.
Over Labor Day weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to spend the weekend with "the girls," my college friends. We've all been together only once since college graduation and none of them had ever met my sweet little Caleb. It was an absolutely wonderful weekend. They are just the kind of friends that as soon as you are together it is as if you had never been apart. The weekend was full of silliness, lounging, being loud, making fun of each other, and the most serious conversations about all aspects of life.
I love you girls! You are great. Thanks for being so wonderful to my kids, and making my life so much fun. I love all of you so much, and I hope we keep up these reunions forever!
I wanted to post a picture of the "Sassy 7" but my computer isn't cooperating. That will have to come on another day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • You're an amazing friend who keeps given despite the demands on you. You're blessed because you are a blessing. Just remember, there are some women in Iowa who are waiting for their reunion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 PM  

  • I'm so glad you had a fun reunion! Gotta love those reunions... ;) Looking forward to the next one involving the HS friends!! hehe

    I love you! :)

    By Blogger Robby and Lynsey, at 6:31 PM  

  • I had so much fun this Labor Day. Times with all of us are so precious to me.

    By Blogger laura jo, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home